Basic Inspection from $60.00
It is important to keep your vehicle well maintained. Whether you have just purchased the vehicle or had it for years, Level Auto will inspect the vehicle and notify you of any upcoming services that are required. The following items are inspected:
- Visually check level of windshield washer fluid.
- Visually check condition and level of engine oil (if applicable).
- Visually check condition and level of coolant.
- Visually check condition and level of transmission fluid (if applicable).
- Visually check condition and level of brake fluid level.
- Visually check condition and level of power steering fluid (if applicable).
- Visually check condition of brake pads (and/or brake shoes).
- Visually check condition of brake rotors (and/or brake drums).
Suspensions and Steering
- Check condition of front inner and outer tie rods.
- Check condition of front upper and lower ball joints.
- Check condition of control arm bushings.
- Check condition of front and rear struts and shocks absorbers.
- Check condition front and rear axle shafts and boots.
- Check condition of air filter. *
- Check condition of cabin filter (if applicable).
- Check operation of horn.
- Visually check operation and efficiency of windshield wipers.
- Visually check operation of light and signals.
- Visually check condition of belts and hoses.
- Visually check condition of tires.
- Visually check condition of exhaust system.
* If air filter is not easily accessible, an additional change will be applicable (upon customer approval) to check air filter condition
Air and Cabin Filter Replacement
In modern automobiles, the air must be cleaned before it gets sucked into the engine’s air intake plenum and combustion chambers. If not, you run the risk of dust, dirt and debris quickly fouling up the engine, causing poor performance and potentially shortening the life of the car.In addition, modern engines rely on a precise ratio of air to fuel. When the engine is starved of air, the fuel mix is said to run too “rich,” which in effect puts added strain on the engine.
The cabin air filter works to keep bad air out of the cabin when it comes in for the cooling process. The air molecules it can keep out include pollen, dirt from the road, pollutants from the air, road grime, dust, dirt, leaves and anything else flying around on the road. The air filter works just like a filter does on the furnace of the home or an air purifying system. Frequent changing of the filters is best and will keep everyone inside a little bit healthier. The cleaner the air, the better it is for those with allergies or even asthma and need to have clean air in order to feel good all of the time.
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement
An internal combustion engine requires three key ingredients to operate: air, fuel and spark. A spark plug is a critical engine component that provides the spark that ignites the air-fuel mixture that drives an engine.
A spark plug operates by directing electrical current to flow through a centre electrode, forming a spark across an electrode (or air) gap, completing the circuit to a ground electrode. The centre electrode is surrounded by a ceramic insulator which is non-conductive preventing current leakage and ensuring electricity flows in the desired direction.
The spark plug wire has a seemingly simple job: Carry the high-voltage electricity produced by the ignition coil to the terminal of the spark plug. Once at the plug, the electricity travels to the other end of the plug, and jumps a gap between electrodes to produce the “spark” that ignites the fuel mixture.
Fuel Filter Replacement
Fuel filters help to protect the most expensive parts of the engine by filtering out foreign particles that can damage a fuel injector. A damaged fuel filter can result in erratic performance, poor gas mileage and in some cases, complete engine shutdown. Even the smallest particles can cause considerable wear and tear to an engine. Protecting the fuel system and the engine from harmful particles, helps to prolong the life of your vehicle.
Lights and Signals
It is very important that your lights and signals work properly to indicate to people your intentions on the road. Non-working signals and brake lights could lead to an accident or even a fatality. We check all driving, parking, brake, licence plate and signal lights to ensure these lights are functioning properly. Nothing worse than getting pulled over by a police officer for something that could have been prevented by getting your lighting system checked out.
We stock a large selection of all light bulbs, HID bulbs and complete HID kits to improve your lighting on the road. Our licence technicians at Level Auto check your lights on every service and advise you on any issues we find.
Having a good pair of wipers is as important when driving in wet weather conditions as having a good braking system. So it is not an understatement to say that wiper blades are important in ensuring driving safety. It is vital to equip your car with a pair of quality and reliable blades.
It is recommended that you replace your wiper blades every 6 months or 10,000 kilometers as there are many factors that can contribute to your windshield wiper blades’ deterioration. These can include:
- Cold temperatures can make the rubber components hard, brittle and/or warped.
- Dust, abrasives, grime from the road and bugs can wear away the cutting edge of the blade.
- Rubber deteriorates over time, so as the blades age they can lose flexibility and the ability to wipe cleanly.
- Exposure to sunlight and ozone can also cause the wiper blades to age regardless of how often they are used.